Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life with 3

There are some days at home with my 3 little people where life is smooth sailing, where all is well, and easy.  I want to pinch myself, in dis-belief that this is my life!  Then there are days where life with my 3 little people feels completely overwhelming and busy.  We are at that point right now.  Life is busy, I "have my hands full" as people often like to tell me!

The initial adjustment to 3 was breezy for me, no sweat... yet right now I wouldn't say my days are breezy.  I know it is just the season we are in, I am not trying to wish away a single day... even the hard ones.  I can even attribute some of the chaos to some specific things going on in our house... B is on the move and on the look out for trouble.  Bug is potty-training on top of testing out the boundaries as all 2 year-olds like to do, and H is curious about the world around him, asking tons of questions, needing heart training, guidance, instruction and encouragement. 

I am realizing lately that being the mom I desire to be, the mom that I feel God is calling me to be is a lot of work.  I am thankful that I am not in this alone!  I am so thankful that daily God uses his Word to encourage and refine me and to help refine the hearts of my kiddos.  I am thankful for moms that have gone before me (have older kids) that I can turn to for advice.  I am thankful for friends in the exact life stage that I am at that challenge me.  I am SOOO very thankful for Mr. Steady for the father he is and the example he is to me. 

Through all of this, I am also realizing a couple of other things....
  • I have to be intentional with my day... that my time with my kids is cherished and not just spent rushing around to the next thing.
  • I can't expect that all other areas in my life will remain the same. I have 3 little people vying for my attention, 3 little hearts waiting for instruction. 
  • "Me-time" comes in small little doses, doing tasks that might seem mundane and/or tedious have become "me-time", like mopping the floor.  Yet if I choose to have a happy heart (like I always ask my kids to do) and turn on non-kid music or a podcast, I can actually really enjoy this new version of "me-time."  Sometimes it may come in the form of grocery shopping all by myself.  Whatever it may be, I can choose to have joy in these moments...
  • That my house will NEVER be all clean at the exact time... as hard as I try, it just doesn't happen.
  • That I am needing to embrace that most things I do, get un-done, so that I can do it again, and it can be un-done again... (this topic deserves a whole post)
  • Parenting is WAY harder than anyone ever told me it would be.  It is full of joys and blessings, and I really wouldn't trade a single day of it, but I have to be honest, it is hard work! 
  • I have to get to bed at a reasonable time... or I am just not starting us out to have a "winning" kind of day!

Yikes, this tired mama needs to get to bed... I am already late on that "reasonable time" : )

    1 comment:

    1. Hey Kelly, I can totally relate! Our transition from 1 to 2 kiddo's was way harder than we thought it would be! Don't know if you heard yet, but #3 is on the way so I am a little nervous since I feel like I haven't even gotten into a groove with two. But I trust that God knows what He is doing and won't give me more than I can handle with His help! Thanks for the post! It's good to know I'm not alone! Motherhood is SUPER hard work, but I still wouldn't trade it for any other job...although there are days that I wish I could (just for a day)! ;)

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails