Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SoCal Living

We went "home" to Utah a few weeks ago for a visit.  Leading up to the trip I was really nervous that it would be hard to leave there once we were with all of our old friend, in our old pattern of life, with all things familiar.

We did indeed have a great trip.  We were blessed by time with all of our friends, we enjoyed time in the snow, we were very busy going to many play-dates, enjoyed the beauty of the mountains, the comfort of deep friendships, the familiarity as I drove around, and my lack of dependency on my GPS to get anywhere.  We cherished the time we had with our family as we were there too.  Loved getting to go to our old church and small group.  The trip truly was a blessing.

And coming home... our new home in SoCal... well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Actually, it was so good to go back to Utah, but it has also been so good to be here.  Life is slower here for us, despite the busyness of life all around us, for our little family moving has helped us slow down (which was needed for us).  God has also been so gracious in helping strengthen friendships with those that we know here.  We also, (as of very recently) have a church that we consider our home-church, a small group that we are a part of and Awana's for H.  It is amazing how much that has helped SoCal feel like home!  We have been soaking in the nice weather and making the most of opportunities to be active and enjoy life as a family.

Do I miss Utah and all or our friends? No doubt I do!
Am I at peace with this being where God has us? Most definitely
Is Mr. Steady enjoying life and his job?  A little more every single day

We are just feeling really blessed that this is where God has us for this season of our family life.  The attitude of my heart has changed a lot in the last 4 months since we moved.  I am thankful that the highs and lows of moving are now more of a constant joy and peace that this is where we are supposed to be, at least for this point in time.

1 comment:

  1. It took me 7 years to finally get content where we live now (also near the ocean in Southern Cal). Now I can really appreciate the beauty all around us, but I also dream of someday living in a place like Utah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails