Here is our morning board
1. Bug picks out the color of the day... then the kids find items that are that color to put on display.
2. H finds the day of the week then we sing the "Days of the Week" song.
3. H and Bug go and look out the window to see what the weather is for the day. H finds the right card to match the weather and puts it on the board.
4. Bug picks out the shape of the day, again the kids do a little searching to see if they can find anything with this shape.
5. We talk about the character trait, usually there is a little song that goes with it (based off of Hubbard's Cupboard pre-K curriculum).
6. pause... I give Bug something to do (puzzle, coloring book...)
7. H reviews our phone number and address
8. H recites his verses for the week (1 for Biblestudy, 1 for Awanas and 1 for school)
9. We go over the site words for the week
10. We practice the sign language for the letter of the week and sing the ABC's doing the signs that we have learned so far.
11. H and Bug do the exercise for the letter of the week
This sounds really long, but in actuallity most mornings it is only 10-15 minutes tops. Then it is usually Alone Play Time (APT) for Bug. Sometimes H does APT at the same time, other days I use this time to work on more school stuff with H.
That is our little routine for the mornings that we don't have somewhere we have to be... oh, and we usually do this in our pajamas. Maybe when Bug and BB are a little older and can help dress themselves, I can aspire to have everyone clothed by 9. I just don't have that lofty of goals yet : )