Tuesday, May 24, 2011

monday... laundry day

Yesterday was laundry day, I try to do most of my laundry on Monday's, with maybe a load or two on Thursdays.  I know everyone has their own little system, this seems to be mine... though I wouldn't say I have perfected it!

So far (being Tuesday morning) all is folded, except the socks, undies and washclothes... might sound strange to you... but I try to fold the laundry as it comes out of the dryer, (permitting no children are screaming or in need of my help).  To speed up the process, I have a basket that I fill with all items that don't really have to be folded right-away... items where wrinkles don't matter.
The laundry room has 5 tall stacks of folded clothes, one for each of us
I STINK at putting folded laundry away!  It seems like when I have the time, actually, when I have a free hand, there are people sleeping in the rooms where the clothes need to be put away!  Ugg, maybe we should keep dressers in the hallway!  Just kidding, that might make me feel claustrophobic!  I need to adjust my laundry system, I just don't know what to do...

What works for you?  What is your little laundry system? Any pointers you can share? 

And for those of you who faithfully read, have an answer, you just wouldn't consider yourself a commenter on blogs... there is no time like the present to put your two cents in : )

2 comments:

  1. I personally love my laundry system because it works for me! So here is my two cents. My laundry day is Thursday: right after breakfast the kids help me haul all our dirty clothes to the laundry room where we sort them into piles on the laundry room floor. I throw in the first load and then as the day goes on I move them into the dryer and put the next load in until all loads are done. When a load is done in the dryer I throw it into a basket, carry it to my bed, pick out all clothes that I don't want to get wrinkled and lay them out in their own pile on the bed, leaving the others in a big pile. Then I walk away...*smile*. Then, after the kids are in bed that night my hubby and I first hang up anything that needs to be hung then move it all to the couch and we fold it together either while watching a movie or talking about whatever. When it's all folded we each put our own laundry away and then pile the kids stuff on a counter in our hallway outside their doors and I put it away the next morning. It works for us and we love it. It is an easy task that my hubby can help me with, and we get intentional time together while being productive at the same time.

    I used to like folding everything right as it came out of the dryer, but since having kids and the laundry multiplying it has become something that is just easier for me to do when they are not around because it is time consuming. I would rather have more time available in my day for my kids then doing a choir they can't really help with. Once they are old enough to fold their own they will, but for now this system works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca, I like that idea!! At our new house, the laundry room will be right by the bedrooms, so dumping it on our bed will guarantee that it is done before I go to bed! And I can some help from Mr. Steady too : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails