Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Morning Pancakes



When we moved we decided to  start a new family tradition that everyone just loves... Saturday Morning Pancakes.  We stole borrowed this idea from our friends Walter and Heather.  We even use their recipe, because it is so good.
We use Trader Joes Multi-grain Pancake mix (but if there is not a TJ's by you any whole wheat or multi-grain mix should work just as well)
2-3 Table spoons of Flax Seed
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (I don't like the texture of large walnuts in my food, so I use the Pampered Chef food chopper to really get them small


I also add blueberries to mine (blueberry pancakes have been a craving of all 3 of my pregnancies)
On special occasions I add chocolate chips to H's and Mr. Steady's
Or I try little things to make it fun for H and Bug.  Cookies cutters or making them into the shape of a bear... okay that is as creative as I have been thus far : )


So, we have loved starting this little, but fun family tradition.  It is kind of healthy and it makes me smile each Saturday morning as I sing "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson. 

ps.  H has started measuring the days by how many days until Saturday Morning Pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails