Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lovely... lovable

"A wise woman doesn't take anything for granted.  She is thankful to be loved and seeks to make herself more lovely."- Debi Pearl

I have been thinking a lot about this quote lately... it is completely convicting!  For me the word lovely is often attributed to physical appearance.  For my heart I prefer to switch in the word lovable.  Sometimes my heart, attitude and actions are so ugly (opposite of lovely or lovable) yet, I still expect Mr. Steady to lavish love on me despite my selfishness, rudeness and over-arching un-lovable attitude.   My un-loveliness causes him to pull back which causes more ugly attitude on my part... Uggh!  I hate that ridiculous cycle.  

I am so thankful to be loved by my man!  He is incredible!  I desire to demonstrate my thankfulness for Mr. Steady's love, to truly appreciate how blessed I am!  I want to be lovely in my attitude, actions and in my heart!  I pray that you can say the same, that the desire of your heart may be to be more lovely and lovable to/ for your man!

1 comment:

  1. Kel,
    Thank you for this honest post. I agree, I struggle with the same thing and you put it so beautifully into words...and therefore make it easier for me to put it into practice! Hal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails