Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm going to miss this

My kids are growing up before my eyes.  It is hard to believe that 5 years ago I was getting to the uncomfortable stage of my pregnancy with H.  Or that Bug is already talking and in her best attempts nurturing her baby brother.  Or even that sweet Baby Bro is filling out, more alert and getting stronger...  all way too quickly.

So often my days run together with the busyness of taking care of the kids, the house, Mr. Steady and staying in touch with dear friends.  I am all too guilty of looking forward to the next time everyone will be sleeping (be it naps or bedtime) so that I can get stuff done.  Ugh, I want my heart to soak in each day and to enjoy it, not wish it away.

If you are a mama of little ones and have 5 minutes  to spare, please read this post by MckMama.  I was so encouraged by her words and challenged to strive each day to make the most of my time with my kids while they are still little!  It really does go by WAY to quickly.

So here is to embracing the noise, chaos, mess, lack of sleep and occasional fighting... because I will also get the laughter, games, smiles, memories, snuggles, stories, teachable moments, songs, nurturing, dancing and so much more.  Like I said about pregnancy... I am sure going to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails