This has been one of our favorite meal for a few years now. It was actually the very first meal that I was able to get H-man to eat some chicken (he was a little vegetarian). This is also my usual go-to meal for bringing new mom's a meal. I haven't met a kid or an adult that doesn't like it... not saying that everyone will, we are all so different. But thus far it has been a huge success.
And did I mention it is SOOOO easy!
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put my in frozen)
1 envelop dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup of water
8-oz package of cream cheese
1- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
1. Place chicken in slow cooker (like I said, for simplicity sake, I put the breasts in frozen)
2. Mix together salad dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours (if frozen) 3 hours if thawed
4. Pull out chicken and shred (I just use 2 forks to shred)
5. Put chicken back in and mix in the liquid that is in the slow cooker.
6. 30- 60 minutes prior to serving, mix in cream cheese and soup. Cover and continue cooking.
7. Serve over whole-grain penne pasta.
8. Sprinkle with parmigiana cheese (optional)
I usually serve ours with steamed broccoli, since that is a veggie my kids are guaranteed to eat : ). Makes great leftovers as well.
Original recipe found in "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook" I slightly varied it to fit our taste. Awesome cookbook if you have a crock-pot/ slow cooker and need some recipes!
This is one of our favorite recipes! I found it years ago when you submitted it for the MOPS cookbook. I actually made it on Tuesday and still have the leftovers in my fridge. ;)ReplyDelete