Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Slow Cooker: Creamy Italiano Chicken

This has been one of our favorite meal for a few years now.  It was actually the very first meal that I was able to get H-man to eat some chicken (he was a little vegetarian).  This is also my usual go-to meal for bringing new mom's a meal.  I haven't met a kid or an adult that doesn't like it... not saying that everyone will, we are all so different.  But thus far it has been a huge success.

And did I mention it is SOOOO easy!

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put my in frozen)
1 envelop dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup of water
8-oz package of cream cheese
1- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup

Directions:
1.  Place chicken in slow cooker (like I said, for simplicity sake, I put the breasts in frozen)

2.  Mix together salad dressing mix and water.  Pour over chicken.

3.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 4 hours (if frozen) 3 hours if thawed
4.  Pull out chicken and shred (I just use 2 forks to shred)

5.  Put chicken back in and mix in the liquid that is in the slow cooker.
6.  30- 60 minutes prior to serving, mix in cream cheese and soup.  Cover and continue cooking.

7.  Serve over whole-grain penne pasta.
8.  Sprinkle with parmigiana cheese (optional)


I usually serve ours with steamed broccoli, since that is a veggie my kids are guaranteed to eat : ).  Makes great leftovers as well.

Enjoy!

Original recipe found in "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook"  I slightly varied it to fit our taste.  Awesome cookbook if you have a crock-pot/ slow cooker and need some recipes!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of our favorite recipes! I found it years ago when you submitted it for the MOPS cookbook. I actually made it on Tuesday and still have the leftovers in my fridge. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails