Friday, April 23, 2010

PreSchool- God created Man



This week we continued on our theme for the year of Creation.  This month's focus is on that God created man. 

Verse of the week:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
You can download our verse cards for the month here.

Math-
Counting by 2's we used the awesome printables from Homeschool Creations, you can download these here.
My goal was to focus on teaching that all muscles and bones in our body usually come in 2's one on the left side and one on the right.  Truth be told, we didn't get as in depth with the muscular and skeletal systems as I thought we would.  Oh well, more stuff for next year : )


Reading-
I changed up the reading time a little and made it a little more hands on after the great idea from Homeschool Creations.  I printed out the sheets here and then laminated them, gave H some play doh and had him mold the letters. 


When he was done, he spelled out "Pop," which is what he calls one of his grandpas.  "Look, Mama, I wrote Pop!"


We also created little books all about H.  He loved getting to hear how big he was at each age, what he liked, how long he slept...  I did have to pull out his records from the pediatrician because I didn't know his weight and height at each age.

Science
H, LOVES bugs right now.  If you ask him what he is going to be when he grows up he says Entomologist.  He was delighted when we went to the park and found a HUGE beetle.

Exercise Cards:
We downloaded these exercise cards from Homeschool Share.  They are super cute and worth the 5 seconds to download and print off.  I even laminated our set so we can use them again and again.  H, though they were really fun... well, all of them other than the situps.  He got really frustrated that he couldn't do a situp, that is hard for a little guy!  Here he is attempting J is for Jumping jacks.
Action photo

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that series of min-books about "when I was" what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails